Monday 7 November 2011

Babysitter

I think the dwarfs and Prince Charming (who isn't all that charming at the moment) think I am a babysitter, house cleaner, bed maker, cook and anything else they want done.  Guess what I am not.

You are all grown up enough to manage small tasks on your own - I am not your mother. Yes I can say that.
Being a stepmom can suck wait that is a capitol "S" and some days it can be amazing.
Most days I just feel like a 3rd wheel that dropped in on a family and not sure why I am here - they aren't mine.

Not sure how I have got by this long but this is an awesome site http://www.stepdivas.com/articles/ and the articles were amazing to ME.

Stepmom Bill of Rights - INCREDIBLE!

1. Our marriage is our first priority, and we will address all issues together.
2. I will be a part of the decision making process in my marriage and family at all times.
3. People outside the immediate family, including ex-wives, in-laws, or children cannot make plans that affect my life without my consent.
4. I will not be responsible for the welfare of children for whom I can set no limits.
5. I must be consulted about which children will live with us, when they can visit, and how long they will stay.
6. I will not solely be responsible for housework – chores will be distributed fairly.
7. Others may not violate my private space at home, nor take or use my possessions without my permission.
8. I will never be treated as an “outsider” in my own home.
9. My husband and stepchildren must treat me with respect.
10. I will be consulted on all family financial matters.

AMEN
snow wife

I need to remind myself the reasons I fell in love with Prince Charming everyday...
~me

No comments:

Post a Comment