Monday 2 May 2011

S&M and our kids?

Call me a prude, call me old fashioned but O.M.G the lyrics of some of these songs are disgusting that our dwarfs are singing.  Now, I like these songs but I am an adult BUT as a dwarf I loved 2 Live Crew so I know nasty lyrics and I loved every single one of them as well as Easy E.  Still it's more shocking when you hear your own dwarfs trying to get the lyrics right not just sing it and the words that come out of their mouth.
It's pop music and we listen to the same as the dwarfs but my parents never listened to the stuff I did as a child so they never heard me sing the lyrics.


There was a brilliant show here in the UK called The Sex Education Show and the 2nd installment was about not pimping out our kids.  High heels for kids? Get out! Music video and songs on before 9pm when kids are home from school? Seriously it was like selling sex.  I mean I love a good dance song but I have to sit back and think do I want my dwarf singing this lyric:

Rihanna - S&M
Cause I may be bad
But I’m perfectly good at it
Sex in the air
I don’t care
I love the smell of it
Sticks and stones
May break my bones
But chains and whips
Excite me


The youngest dwarf practiced getting this lyric right - chains and whips excite me.  Our jaws dropped.  I am sure she has no idea what this exactly means but is it right to have young dwarfs exposed to this?  In the US Tipper Gore brought forward Parental Advisory Labels for CD's that where considered adult content and the radio version were blurbed out.  Its not the word shit I have a problem with, its the act of sex and sexual activity.  As a world our dwarfs are getting pregnant at such early ages and I am not dumb enough to blame music but kids shouldn't know what whips and chains are until they are MUCH older.


With artists always pushing the envelope, how can we speak out to stop selling it to our dwarfs.  Dwarfs at age 12 don't need high heels, mascara, brightly coloured eye shadow, lipstick or some hoochie mama clothes.  Clothes is a whole other issue but store keep selling things I find HIGHLY inappropriate for anyone under the age of 18 - ripped leggings? (sorry thats a new topic for another day)

What songs do you think are inappropriate for kids?
How do you handle these type of songs with your kids?

snow wife


"Modern music is as dangerous as narcotics." -Pietro Mascagni

No comments:

Post a Comment