Monday 16 May 2011

You can't pick your family...

Everyone has heard that old saying, " You can pick your friends but you can't pick your family." Wow nothing rings truer then that.

Family is a funny thing since these are people who are either family by blood or love.  These are people who should tell you when you are wrong, pick you up when you fall or hug you when you feel down. right?

Nope some live in a world, I guess I haven't had the privilege to visit - its called lala land.  Where the world revolves around them, man I wish I had a pass to that theme park.  Not everyone will see eye to eye but you should always respect a person for being a human being. You don't have to agree with everything but you do need to keep the attitude in check.

I would hope my family would tell me if I was acting crazy, help me get the best bang for my buck, give advice when it would make my life better.  I do also wish that family would learn to know when to shut up and when to butt out.  In this world you have one life and it is the longest thing you will ever do so you better enjoy it.  This means staying positive and enjoying life.  Life is not always rainbows and kittens but it is what you make it - so choose wisely.

Everyone I don't care who you are or what culture you are from should use basic manners such as:

Please - adverb (used as a polite addition to requests, commands, etc.) if you would be so obliging; kindly: Please come here. Will you please turn the radio off?

Thank you - adjective expressing one's gratitude or thanks: a thank-you note

I am not one for airing dirty laundry on the internet but little reminders to the rest of the world to be polite and live life doesn't hurt. Get up and dance, learn to cook what you want, snuggle with your dwarfs and significant other, plan romantic things even if it involves a candle and a frozen pizza and most of all smile.  Never let people walk on your or treat you like, don't get taken advantage of and favours work like a two way street.

Smile on people ;-)

snow wife

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

No comments:

Post a Comment