Wednesday 27 April 2011

I am no Hercules

I am not as strong as I let on, really.  I have always been the independent, head strong, opinionated,self sufficient and gung-ho individual.  Whether as a friend, sister, wife, aunt, step mom, daughter-in-law, mom or child everyone needs someone to lean on and that someone needs to "get" you and not judge.

Some days it feels as if I am in quick sand and just fighting to be the strong one for everyone else and only when I get a free me moment do I realise I am no Hercules.  I want someone who "gets" me to be here or some where close but that isn't an option.  Not to say I don't have friends where I am because I have wonderful friends but honestly it just isn't the same as someone who you have known for years and years.  Some days I want my mom and I am not ashamed to say it.  I would love mom to be here to have a cuppa with and ramble on about nothing but that is no where in the near future.

I know no one expects me to be Hercules as I put that burden on myself but then again what woman doesn't carry that "badge?"  Aren't you someone's Hercules? Don't you carry the stress and worries of others? Especially the one's you love?

Life can sure test your marriage with family and drama and I know I always have my wonderful Prince Charming to lean on for support but sometimes you just needs the girls.  Do ya feel me?  In the past 6 months I can say without a doubt my marriage is stronger due to overcoming obstacles and becoming each other's cheerleaders - together we are as strong as Hercules.

I guess it's a plus I realised I am not Hercules and just sometimes you need a hug.  Make sure you hug the woman in your life today.

snow wife

"The best gift you can give is a hug; one size fits all and no one ever minds if you return it."
Source Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment