Monday 26 September 2011

Baby fever!

At the end of last year my biological clock started ticking and it has gradually gotten louder.
I am no spring chicken because at the age of 20 something I don't think I would have been as good as a mother as I potentially could be now.  I have the most wonderful husband and dwarfs but I am so ready to add a new dwarf to our life and I can't keep that clock quiet.  I know the chances are slimmer at my age but hey if it's meant to be it will be.  I say that now but...
So just think good thoughts for me and anyone else there hoping to add to their family.

Maybe it's just me but I swear there are babies everywhere - is this what they call baby fever?
It seems anytime I turn on the TV there is a baby or someone is pregnant.
I get on facebook or talk to a friend, someone is pregnant and pictures of their scans are online (I do smile every time as they are so damn cute!)  Is it that time of the year? Is this what happens after Easter because no one told me. 

Examples:
1. Grey's Anatomy - someone is pregnant and someone else gets granted temporary customer rights for adoption (no names as I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it).  This is two baby references in one show.
2. On TV just recently - Knocked Up...'nough said
3. How I met your mother - Yep pregnant
4. 90210 - just maybe someone will end up pregnant, I am waiting for this to happen
5. True Movies - forget it everyone is pregnant or trying to get pregnant or lost a baby
6. Celebrity Juice - Holly was pregnant and still showing episodes all pregnant - she is so cute ;-)
7. One born every minute - OMG talk about babies and what a reality show to watch as I honestly squirm but I admit to have cried once they are born.
8. BBC show the Human Body - from pre conception to death....All I can say is WOW

I bet now that you read this you will see pregnancy and/or babies EVERYWHERE.  The movies just kill me. Full Stop.  Thank goodness I can watch them and shed a tear without anyone around because that would be an emotional wreck waiting to happen and I might embarrass a few people as well ;-)

snow white

The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly."
~Buddha~

No comments:

Post a Comment