Ok people we know its the 21st century and we spend a lot of time on the computer so why don't you have any online etiquette or simply known as netiquette?
For those who are just joining the world wide web here are some friendly pointers.
1. Just because you are not face to face this does not mean lose your manners. Be polite and if you have something to say that may make a few feathers go up - think before you type.
2. STOP SHOUTING AND USING !!!!!! Wow there is nothing worse then reading posts on FB, Forums, Comments on newspaper articles then someone who is constantly screaming and punctuating. Frankly, it is annoying and makes you look like a toddler. As we tell our dwarfs..."Use your words and your inside voice."
3. Remember there are real people behind the monitor and you can't always tell if someone is kidding or being rude so use emoticons like ;-) or =) or ;-(
Just remember to be sensitive.
4. Something are seriously TMI to post on public forums - would you put it in a newspaper headline? No? then don't share with the rest of the world. Some of your posts can come back to haunt you. Make sure you stuff is set to private as employers DO search online and if they see your craziness this may lose you the position.
5. Most of all enjoy the world wide web because there is a wealth of knowledge out there and some great people to meet and talk too but always be careful because not everyone is who they say they are online.
Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter which fork you use.