Sunday 20 March 2011

Social Networking?

Everyone is doing it, why aren't you?

Facebook is obviously the big player in this social networking arena - heck they had a movie made about it.

Next up GoogleMe or Google Plus 1 - which seems to be coming up in the spring/fall and they say they are integrating with all current Google stuff because people are bored with facebook.

Are we really bored? No
Am I tired of the constant changes and security things I have to keep changing? yes
Would I like alternate egos/pages such as 1 for work, 1 for family, 1 for friends and 1 free for all? Hell Yes

I was around for the pay per hour CIS days, AOL, 5400 baud modem days and even Myspace but will I check out the GoogleMe social site?
Hell Yes - if it is user friendly, integrated and none of this security crap then I am there.

Will it overtake facebook? I am not sure but I am can't wait to see what it offers.

I like to stay in touch via FB for many reasons and the #1 reason is I have friends and family all over the world it seems. I have friends I have known since I was 10, I may not talk to daily or even weekly but its nice to stay up to date on everyone's life.

If you think it can be boring, you are right. If you think sometimes the posts are just ridiculous, you are right. You know what I say? Quit reading the shit then because no one is making you.

Do old friends add you just to see what you are up to say 20 years later? umm duh yeah
Do I accept them? Yes most of the time as it is fun for me to see how people have changed, grown and all the places they have been. A quick catch up is fun as well. You never know what part of the world you will be in and need a friend - relationships are key in life.

I have a good amount of friends, I mean not all of them are my BFF's or anything but I would would gladly have lunch, drinks or offer any of them a place to crash and if I wouldn't then we shouldn't be "friends" on facebook. I share my phone number on there because I once again feel if you are my friend, you should have my number or I would just delete you.

Any who....I cant wait to check out this new Google Social Page thingiemajig

snow wife

It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment