Saturday 14 April 2012

Oh no it happened...

Two things
1. I got a job - its a teenager job but it is a job none the less and it can prove I can work with the British.
2. I spoke some words I swore I never would.

<insert sigh here>

For 8.5 hours a day I have been speaking to folks passing by and chatting ect.. I have always said there are certain things I will never say like tea is not a meal and I still stick by that. Although I did say Nae Bother. Someone shoot me now!
I have had dreams about this one statement.  It sounds like Knee Bother which is No Bother but I said Nae! I actually gasped a little.

Up next was TA good god is it the acoplyspse? TA I don't like TA - I much prefer thank you but TA seems so lazy to me but I said it - yes I did.  What's next? Calling a tank top a vest? Oh the shame!

I don't want to be THAT American who uses British words because I am sure I sound like a right twat HA now that's a British word I love which means I sounds like an ass.

Let's hope I can get over this hurdle without other things sneaking into my vocab.  I have done well all these years but soon as you start to work with the actual public it goes to shit or shite as it is known here.

snow wife

No comments:

Post a Comment