Monday 24 October 2011

You can be/do anything if you put your mind to it...

Should be the line every freaking parent adult uses with kids. Full Stop.

I am so annoyed at how parents can hold a child back whether they know it or not (I have a sneaky feeling they do know - they cant be upstaged).  Kids are the future so encourage them - make them better people!

I whole heartily think kids need social interaction like clubs and sports.  Why?
1. It builds self confidence/self esteem
2. They make friends, some of them may be life long
3. Joining the community and helping out the community
4. "Belongs" to something
5. Weekly fun! <--so important
6. Teaches discipline - you signed up and you go even if you don't want too - commitment!
*parents must commit as well because their laziness should not affect the kids
7. Keeps them fit - physically and mentally!

I feel you should encourage your kids and all kids to be the best they can be.  Let them join things and go places BUT the parent has to encourage them.  If the parent or adult becomes lazy and the kids thinks it is a burden on the adult then the children can feel bad and not go because they don't want to inconvenience the adult - bullshit.

Kids read adults quickly. If they crave love like all children do and mommy or daddy promises them McDonald's or 'something fun" with that parent they will take it over anything.  If you are sitting on the couch cuddling with your child and they are feeling the love and you say, 'Ok honey do you want to go to XYZ?' they will look to you, to see what you think? Most kids will say its ok mommy/daddy we can stay right here.
This is where YOU as a parent need to quit being lazy and say, "right lets go to XYZ and when you get back we will have another cuddle."

ENCOURAGEMENT - repeat after me.

I feel so strongly about this because the parent/adult sets the example and the discipline.  If they sign up for something TAKE THEM - don't ask because that is always a way out.  Now I am not saying be crazy when they are ill make them get up and go.  When I say ill I mean throwing up not just tired.

Remember kids are adults in training.  You show them the way.  Kids should learn to thrive, be independent and self confident to be something magnificent in this world and I will do my part to every child I meet.
Parents/Adults - you shouldn't compete with your kids...If you can't dance or sing but your kids can help them shine not hold them back because they would do better then you.
As a parent - I always want my kids to be better then I could EVER be.  Maybe we need more of these types of adults in the world.

snow white

"Children are one-third of our population and all of our future"
Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment